Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of Laurel Area Chamber of Commerce. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and job description before you begin filling it out. Please return the completed application to the Laurel Chamber of Commerce, 108 East Main St, Laurel, MT 59044 or email it to email@example.com.
Deadline: Nov 8, 2022
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the Chamber office. Applications are used by the Chamber’s Executive Officers to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. Directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
Board Member Expectations
1. Applicant must be employed by a chamber member business.
2. Serves one 3-year term on the Board.
3. Attends at least 75% of board meetings. These are held on the 2nd Thursday of every month at noon. Meetings generally last one hour, aside from unique circumstances.
4. Attends majority of Business After Hours held on the 3rd Thursday of every month from 5-7pm
5. Attends special board meetings called in accordance with the bylaws.
6. Serve on at least one committee.
7. Attend the majority of Chamber events and activities. In addition to the scheduled events, the most common Chamber activity is ribbon-cutting ceremonies. Attendance by Board Member is integral to making
these a successful way to welcome businesses to our organization (average 1-2 per month).
8. Volunteers for, willingly accepts and completes assignments thoroughly and on time.
9. Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
10. Actively participates in membership retention and recruitment for the Chamber.