Laurel City Facilities
- Three Federal Highways and two State Highways serve Laurel. Laurel is within one mile of the Interstate Highway Interchange. Forty-five Interstate carriers serve Laurel.
- The Laurel Airport is the busiest non-towered general aviation airport in the state and is located three miles north from downtown Laurel with an elevation of 3,500 feet. The airport has two paved and one grass runway with the longest runway being 5,200 feet by 75 feet. Hangar building sites are available. Contact Dr. John Smith, Airport Manager at 628-4595. Self-service fuel is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The F.B.O. at the Laurel airport is Northern Skies Aviation (628-2219), offering Part 141 & 61 Airplane and Helicopter flight training, charter, sightseeing, and general aircraft maintenance including annuals and repairs.
- Rocky Mountain College Aviation Program is also based at the Laurel Airport offering Part 141 & 61 collegiate flight training. Contact Josh McDowell at 628-2860 for additional information
- Big Sky Aircraft, a Certified Repair Station offers engine major overhauls, major and minor repair, and complete rebuilding of damaged aircraft, annual inspections, and non-destructive testing.
- Billings Logan International Airport is located just 15 miles away. United, Northwest, Frontier, and several regional airlines service this complex.
- Natural gas and electricity are the forms of heating used in Montana. Northwestern Energy is the supplier of electricity. They are located at 1944 Monad Road in Billings. They can be reached at (406) 656-8833.
- Montana Dakota Utilities is the supplier of natural gas and is located at 2603 2nd Avenue North in Billings. They can be contacted at (406) 255-1374.
- The Laurel City Water office is located at 115 West First Street in Laurel and can be contacted at (406) 628-7431 Ext 1.
- Laurel is served by a local Police Department. The Laurel Safety Complex is located on the corner of 3rd Avenue and First Street West. This complex not only houses the Police Department, but also the Laurel Volunteer Fire Department and the Laurel Volunteer Ambulance Department. For emergencies, dial 911. All other calls can be directed to 628-8737.
- The garbage service is public within the city limits.
- The Laurel Public Library is located at 720 West 3rd Street. Hours are 9 am to 7:30 pm – Monday thru Thursday and 9 am to 3 pm on Saturday.
- Laurel City Container Site is open Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – 7:30 am to 10:45 am and 11:45 am to 3:00 pm. They are closed for lunch from 10:45 am to 11:45 am.
- Tennis courts, parks, and an outdoor public pool are all available.
- The Laurel Post Office is located at 614 First Avenue. It features a drive through letter drop and 3 full service windows.
- For emergency ambulance service, dial 911.
- Laurel has one medical clinic, five dental facilities, two optometric offices, three veterinary clinics, one hearing aid service, three chiropractic clinics, one therapeutic massage office, one physical therapy clinic, and three senior/assisted living facilities. Information on these can be obtained through the Chamber office at 628-8105.
- Two major hospitals are located within 15 miles of Laurel in Billings.
- There are a number of local churches available in the Laurel area. Please contact the chamber for more information at 628-8105.
Other Facilities Available:
- For further information about local businesses or services, please contact the chamber at 628-8105 or drop by our offices located at 108 East Main Street.